The property team at Blackman Legal has decades of experience in all facets of real estate law, conveyancing and related planning and finance issues.
In particular we have expertise in:
- Buying and selling residential, commercial and industrial property
- Strata title
- Property development including options and other modes of acquisition, joint ventures, approval processes, subdivision, finance and project sales (including off-the-plan)
- Buying and selling retirement village accommodation
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Sale and purchase of rural property
- Intergenerational transfers of property
Blackman Legal will secure your legal title over the family home, commercial or investment property and safeguard your interests in the purchase and sale process. We combine common sense and practical advice together with solid legal experience to guide you through this complex process whilst preserving and maintaining your legal rights. It is important to obtain advice on a contract before you commit yourself to a purchase.
We will negotiate terms and conditions and ensure your interests are protected. Any relevant building, pest, survey and strata inspections and reports should be obtained and reviewed at this stage and we can assist you in doing so.
Before your residential property can be listed for sale in New South Wales you need to have a comprehensive contract to supply to your agent. The contract must include all prescribed documentation and relevant information affecting your property which as a vendor you are required by law to disclose. We will guide you through this process.
We can also act in relation to:
- Application for the First Home Owners Grant and Stamp Duty concession or exemption
- The review of building contracts for residential houses
- Obtaining finance and satisfying your mortgagee’s requirements
- General advice
The Foreign Investment Review Board examines proposals by foreign investors to purchase Australian Real Estate.
Blackman Legal can provide assistance and advice to overseas clients who wish to purchase property in Australia.
We act for Lessors in the preparation of retail and commercial leases. We have the experience to prepare a lease from the smallest shop to a large retail outlet or whole building. If you are a Lessee, we will review and negotiate the terms of any commercial or retail lease and ensure proper disclosure is made pursuant to the Retail Leases Act 1994.
Blackman Legal can provide assistance with retail and commercial leases in a number of capacities. It is important to seek legal advice from an experienced commercial lawyer before entering a lease, as it has the potential of becoming a negative impact on your business’ cash flow at a later stage. We can assist you with:
- Drafting and reviewing retail and commercial leases
- Negotiation for the terms of the lease (including rent, transfer options, duration, exit and renewal options)
- Subletting of premises
- Dispute resolution