Blackman Legal is dedicated to assisting clients solve all their legal issues. We are happy to discuss any issue you face and, if we cannot assist, refer to you an expert in our network.
We assist clients in the areas of compensation, business law and intellectual property.
Sale and Purchase of Business or Franchise
We prepare contracts for the Sale of Business for the sale of shops, offices, factories and warehouses, whether vacant or leased and can advise on general GST issues such as whether the sale is the supply of a “going concern”. If you are purchasing, we will conduct due diligence on all matters including investigation of council zoning and development issues. We will advise you in terms of protecting your interests and minimising your exposure. We obtain the required documents and provide advice on what matters to include in the contract.
If you are purchasing a business, we will review the contract and negotiate its terms on your behalf, liaise with your finance provider and ensure the contract contains appropriate vendor warranties, trade restraints, licenses and agreements. We also deal with the transfer of any existing lease of the business premises or equipment or, if necessary, negotiate a lease on new terms. We give advice, in consultation with your accountant, on the form of proposed purchase entity whether you are to be a sole trader, partnership or company and the implications of each type of structure.
We can help with:
- Business structures
- Lease terms
- Valuation of business assets
- Liaison with financial institutions
- Organising and attending settlement
Blackman Legal is very pleased to now offer support for clients who need to recover monies for injuries sufferred at work, on the road, in the supermarket etc. Contact us to discuss your matter with Evan, the newest member of our team.
Blackman Legal recognises that intellectual property is a valuable asset that must be protected.
Blackman Legal’s consultant intellectual property lawyers seeks fair protection for our clients and equitable financial results for any misuse of intellectual property in the commercial arena. We offer specialised services for intellectual property law to protect our clients’ hard work and investment.
Blackman Legal’s consultant intellectual property lawyers can provide assistance with the following matters:
- Advice regarding intellectual property rights
- Auditing of intellectual property
- Trade mark applications
- Business names, product names and service names
- Protection of inventions – from conception to market
- Licensing issues
- Assistance with shareholder agreements and contractual obligations
- IP dispute resolution and litigation in Court
- Advice on commercial laws for marketing new inventions
- Franchising for new products, services and ideas
- Advice for protection of confidential information
- Patents and product protection
Mr Mark Mahfouz is a solicitor and registered Migration Agent (MARN: 1382887).
Mr Mark Mahfouz helped hundreds of clients in obtaining permanent and/or temporary visas. His experience includes, but is not limited to, assisting clients with their employer sponsored and nominated visa applications, business sponsorship / 457 work visas, student visas, onshore and offshore parent and partner visa applications as well as assisting clients to obtain their Australian citizenship applications.
Mr Mark Mahfouz also represent clients at the Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) and the Refugee Review Tribunal (RRT). He is a member of the NSW Law Society.
Immigration Practice Areas:
• Temporary work visas such as Subclass 457
• Employment Nominations (ENS) and RSMS
• Spouse / Partner visas:
• Parent visas and Contributory Parent visas
• New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa
• Resident Return visas
• Child visas
• Orphan Relative visas
• Remaining relative visas
• Student visas
• Skilled visas
• Visitor visas
• Medical visas
• Bridging visas
• Visa Cancellation / Deportation
• Protection visas
• Ministerial intervention applications
• Australian Citizenship
Where we represent our clients
• Department of Immigration and Citizenship
• Migration Review Tribunal
• Refugee Review Tribunal
• Administrative Appeals Tribunal
We also have a referral service for matters before the:
• Federal Magistrates Court
• Federal Court
• High Court
Code of conduct:
A Registered Migration Agent must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA). It is illegal for someone to give migration advice if they are not registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority. Registered migration agents are bound by a 'Code of Conduct': https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/working-with-your-agent/what-to-expect-from-your-agent/ regulating their relationship with visa applicants.