A Will is a legal document that clearly sets out your wishes for the distribution of your assets after your death. Having a clear, legally valid and up-to-date Will is the best way to help ensure that your assets are protected and distributed according to your wishes. The current statistics show that 45% of Australians do not have an updated Will.
At Blackman Legal, we understand that the work and preparation behind creating your own Will can be a stressful and daunting experience. For the majority of our lives we spend working, we accrue assets in the form of property, superannuation, insurance and other investments which provide the lifestyle and security you enjoy today. Your Will is one of the most important and powerful legal documents you will ever sign, and it is advisable that you have it properly executed by our experts.
Should you die intestate – that is, without a Will – your estate is divided according to the Laws of Intestacy, which may not be in accordance with your wishes.
The task of creating a Will involves the consideration of complex financial, legal and tax implications flowing on from events such as marriage, separation, divorce or the sale and purchase of assets. Our specialists will ensure that your needs are met against the distribution of your estate.
Steps to Making Your Will
- Complete the online form
- We will forward you the draft for review
- We will then contact you to arrange an appointment to discuss, finalize and sign your Will.
Costs for Our Service
- The costs involved in preparing your will through our online facility will depend on the complexity of your instructions. Once we receive your details we will respond with a proposal and draft for your consideration.
- A package price is available if you choose to have your Power of Attorney, Appointment of Enduring Guardian as inclusive of a package.
- We will then forward you an invoice to be paid on receipt of your instructions.
Any information you provide is maintained in confidence and strictly to assist Blackman Legal to prepare Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents on your behalf.