A notary public, public notary, or notary, is a public officer, usually a practising solicitor or attorney, appointed for life by a State or Territory Supreme Court and given statutory powers to witness documents, administer oaths, and perform other wide-ranging administrative functions of a national and international nature.
A notary public not only takes oaths, signs and witnesses documents for use within Australia, but also performs similar functions in respect ofinternational documents for use outside Australia.
Amanda Blackman can provide you with all public notary services and notarise documents for use in Australia and internationally including:
- Administering an oath or affirmation or taking a declaration
- Witnessing affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents
- Witnessing and attesting execution or signing of a deed or other document
- Verifying copy documents and preparing a notarial certificate verifying a copy document
- Preparing notarial certificates verifying execution of a document by an individual or corporation
- Exemplification of official documents under seal (certification of copies of documents under seal)
- Noting and contesting bills of exchange
- Preparation of a ship’s protest
Contact us through our online form. Amanda Blackman will then contact you to arrange an appointment and to provide you with a quote for our services. Our fees are charged in accordance with the Notaries Recommended Scale of Fees pursuant to the Public Notaries Act 1997 (NSW) as published by The Society of Notaries of New South Wales Inc.