Appoint an Enduring Guardian
Many Australians are well prepared in managing their financial and business affairs by making a Will and a Power of Attorney but do not consider what will happen if they find themselves unable to make lifestyle and medical decisions due to illness or accident.
An Enduring Guardian is someone you appoint to make lifestyle, health and medical decisions for you when you are not capable of doing this for yourself. Your Enduring Guardian may make decisions such as where you live, what services are provided to you at home and what medical treatment you receive.
Enduring Guardianship only comes into effect if or when you lose capacity and will only be effective during the period of incapacity; therefore, it may never become operational. However, it is a smart way to plan for the future, particularly for unforeseen situations.
An Enduring Guardian and Enduring Power of Attorney are documents complementary to one another. They are either made separately or together in order to give you the choice as to whom you want to have the authority to make decisions across all areas of your life, if you are unable to make these decisions for yourself.
Appointing an Enduring Guardian may give you a sense of security in that if you are no longer capable of making decisions for yourself, there is someone that you trust who is charged with the responsibility to make medical, health and lifestyle decisions on your behalf.
Steps to Making Your Enduring Guardian
- Complete the online form
- We will forward you the draft for review
- We will contact you to arrange an appointment for signature and to finalise your documents
- We then contact your elected guardians to secure acceptance of their appointment.
Costs for Our Service
- The costs involved in preparing your Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents through our online facility will be $195 plus GST. A package price is available if you decide to have your Power of Attorney, Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents prepared together.
- We will then forward you an invoice to be paid on receipt of your instructions.
Any information you provide is maintained in confidence and strictly to assist Blackman Legal to prepare Appointment of Enduring Guardian documents on your behalf.